Monday 12 November 2018

Sri Sarada Math, Dakshineshwar

Went there yesterday. Had a desire to do Jagadhhatri Puja,this year. Easier said, than done. It is an impossible feat for a person to pull off alone. It is a huge undertaking requiring very elaborate preparations and execution. Just me, Rita, Kamala and Maya, could not have pulled it off.

Had gone to Matri Bhavan a few days back with the intention that I would give a small offering there for the Puja at the Math. Some years back, 2013, I had dreamed of Jagaddhatri Puja at the Math. That's how I knew I had to go. Priya was there with me that year. It was the 16th of November. She was very sick. Standing in the line at the Math, with the wind from the Ganga blowing, she got sicker. I remember I got off at Shyambazar, to buy paper plates and spoons with which she could eat the prasad. Priya and I have rare continuums. Must have known her in my previous life.

Saw a nun in my dream. And a chalchitra, from the side.

Had no idea that I would go yesterday to the Math at Dakshineshwar, which  I avoid nowadays because it is so far away. In any case, i had to pay the Centre driver 580 for taking me there.

Suddenly around mid-morning a resolve grew. Why not? the voice said. Why can't you go? Why is it impossible? Then I decided that I had to go. The Math celebrated Jagaddhatri Puja. It made sense for me to go there.

Sarada Math is a pure place. The calm, the tranquillity, the serenity and the purity, are genuine. i felt I had to make it my inner space. i had to. This was the only way to put all inner upheavals to rest. To reach that point of calmness, 'the still point' on 'the wheel' is our goal in life. To inhabit that beautiful and utterly giving calmness. To own it. To claim it. To make it my own. There is no other way to go.

'Gaya, Ganga, Prabhash-adi, Kashi Kanchi ke ba chai?/ Kali, Kali,Kali bole amar ajapa jodi phurai'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment