Monday 5 November 2018

Ma speaks on the eve of Kali Puja, 2018:


She said that Kali Puja did not appeal to her. Ours is however a very Shakta family. My father worshipped Kali throughout his life. I worship her. Have always been deeply drawn to Mother Kali. Love her songs and sing them. I once saw at Music World, while Ajoy Chakrabarty's 'ida pingala nama/sushumna monorama/tary moddhye gantha Shyama/Brahmasanatani', Kali singing. I saw her singing. Fair Kali and then that image became Bibhatsa. Year 2004. I  used to go to Music World frequently, those days. From Basanti Devi. From home. It was my way of finding happiness. For my 44th birthday, I remember buying 2000 worth CD's. 4 on Zakir Hussain. There was a special series brought out by RPG on all his famous jugalbandis.

So, Ma said, she did not believe in Kali. She always used to criticize the Ramprosad song, 'Boshon Poro Ma'. She said she disliked how it went on and on during Kali Puja. In the video I took today of her, I said, 'Well, Rabindranath is Shiv, Kali and Durga, all rolled into one for you?'. She raised her hands in a namashkar and said 'yes'.

She said she waits for my son to come home. She loves him most in the world.

We sang Maharaja eki shaaje and Amar milan laagi tumi, together.

I told her that Rabindranath had told Einstein, that 'there was nothing outside what the human mind could conceive'.

As I turned on a Netflix film Allied, I felt that to be human meant to explore the limits of one's strength and to keep pushing and pushing towards greater and greater excellence. In that would lie self fulfillment, self-expression and self-realization. We are really quintessentially divine. 'Koto lakkha janam ghure ghure peyechhi bhai manav janam/e janam chole gele aar pabo na' ('after having traveled a million births, i finally have a human birth, if i lose this one, i will lose it all'), sang the Baul poet. May be he is right. Lesson for all of us to take from his words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment