Sunday 14 October 2018


Ma's artistic nature:

Hers is a nature that is intensely artistic. I believe that all my artistic inclinations that surfaced much later in my life, I get from my mother.

She used to say,'Oh, i love leaves', much more than I love flowers. I couldn't agree more. The variety of green, the symphony of green, the plenitude and promise of green, the redemption of green, pull and tug at my heart and fill it with ecstasy.

And bamboo? During Priya's wedding I saw what a symphony of bamboo was. It was Ma who used to say to me,'Mou, pandal gulo dekhe amar taak lege jai at the profound and deep artistry of the structures' (Mou, the pandals amaze me..)

So now that I have the impersonal joy out of such things, I think it all comes from my mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment