Wednesday 26 September 2018

Some thoughts on viewing 'The Other Woman' just now
My heart is too full, right now. I happen to be a moralist and I believe that for married couples strict boundaries must be maintained. One must not, for the heck of it, drift into other relationships.
But people do. They do for all kinds of reasons. Was Emilia's dead child the reason for her carrying on with a married man and having him leave his family? I don't know.
I just know, and I feel it over and over again, that love is the biggest thing that there is. And love means putting yourself in the other person's shoes. It means being able to forgive even when you know that you were wronged.
Love is like the ocean. You can always fit everything in there. You can keep stretching and keep accommodating.
Love is practice. Love is doing.
Love is being happy for other people; rejoicing in their joy. Love is the wronged wife looking out for the 'other woman' when the latter is in deep moral distress. Love is in growing to love our 'others'.

No comments:

Post a Comment