Tuesday 24 April 2018



Je jona Gauranga bhoje shey hoi amar praan re...
He/ She who worships Gauranga is my life!
I had taken videos and photos for a Kirtan project I had. I never got to complete it. But it was a grand experience to go out to Mayapur and Nabadweep during Dol. The greatest revelation was the Vaishnav Manipuri temple in Nabadweep where 400 persons from Manipur had come this Dol, to celebrate Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's birthday/anniversary..
I made the acquaintance of Rajkumar Ranajit who was kind enough to share some of his videos with me. I had kept them as priceless additions to my project. However, I didn't do it. Therefore, I am going to share some of them..
It is true I don't want to live at either Mayapur or Nabadweep. But Nabadweep is still resonant with a powerful energy. I salute the ground that Mahaprabhu walked on. I salute the Manipuri Vaishnavites who carry on a tradition so far from their native region..


(Wish I knew how to upload the pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment