Wednesday 14 March 2018





Whatsapp Selections…January 30, 2018

Someone posted the following song on my school Whatsapp site. I would like to share my thoughts in response to the post. I have one comment from another friend…

This song was sung or the musical score was this in Dr Zhivago…

Somewhere My Love
Somewhere, my love there will be songs to sing
Although the snow covers the hope of spring
Somewhere a hill blossoms in green and gold
And there are dreams all that your heart can hold
Someday we'll meet again my love
Someday whenever the spring breaks through
You'll come to me out of the long ago
Warm as the wind, soft as the kiss of snow
Lara my own, think of me now and then
God speed
 my love 'til you are mine again

The vast tracts of loneliness in love…how love is always elusive, near, yet far, heart-breaking and a test, but unavoidable and huge. The music suggests all that to me….
The unreachable, the ever elusive, the eternal journey and the waiting,is what creates the poignancy that can cut you like a knife…

‘There will be’—not ‘there is’.

The desperate hope and dream that there ‘will be’, that moment.

A friend responded: Sometimes wonder if were trying to find our own self in love. Our own self within us is  yet to be felt by the five senses. So elusive n yet glimpses of it raise hopes again n again. The music says it all..

Me:..RightJ

Only the self can love the self the way we want to be loved. We try to find that ideal self in the other. But which self? The self that loves us, heals us, supports us more than we can ever give anyone else or even ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment