Sunday 24 December 2017


For me personally, Belur Math is one of the most beloved and beautiful places in the world. I always feel an enormous charge of beauty, air, color, light and water, which come together with a magnificent coalescence, making it hard to distinguish whether Nature (in its special combinations at Belur Math) is more compelling or Thakur’s temple. Belur Math is more Thakur and Swamiji’s place, than Mother’s. Years ago, Swami Tathagatananda had said to me however, that I should always pay respect to Mother, before entering the Math. As Swami Gambhirananda’s book on Mother quotes, “Anonto Radhar kotha kahane na jai.” However, i will once again say, that it is a challenge to work out the various relationships and interrelationships between Thakur/Ma and particularly Mother Kali. I expect that this challenge will always remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment